View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Resto Shaman T16 Tier Bonus Discussion 
Site Admin

Post Resto Shaman T16 Tier Bonus Discussion
Resto Shaman T16 Tier Bonus

Quote:
Item – Shaman T16 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) When Earth Shield heals a target, the target will gain 100% of the amount healed as an absorb.
Item – Shaman T16 Restoration 4P Bonus (New) Spiritwalker’s Grace will also summon a spiritual version of yourself that will mimic all cast time targeted spells for 15 sec.

http://www.healercds.com/2013/06/resto- ... announced/
This will be updated as changes are made on the PTR.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:34 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Resto Shaman T16 Tier Bonus Discussion
From what I've seen so far, the two piece of tier 15 combined with the two piece of tier 16 is really worth hanging around for. The double healing stream together with the talent makes healing stream heal 3 people at once with quite a decent amount of health. Earth Shield absorb is pretty sweet, as it gives us finally a decent absorb (not great as in a disc priest, but decent), as it won't overheal.

The two piece of tier 15, even with the reduction of stats, still outweigh, if it's Heroic Tier 15, the tier 16 items. As for what stats you wanna go, that's your opinion, I myself keep hanging on the tier 15 chest and pants while going for the tier 16 helm and gloves.

Edit: also, the two piece was changed from 100% to 300%.

if you are really topping the meters on single target, sit down and take a rest your back will start hurting from carrying so much.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:19 am
Site Admin

I agree, 2pc + 2pc is the way to go so far. But the T16 2pc actually doesn't increase the resto shaman's healing AT ALL. It attributes the healing as being done by the tank :(

The spell is called Nature's Barrier http://www.wowhead.com/spell=145379

So if you look at World of Logs, the healing shows up as a tank self-heal :( My guild's World of Logs are currently set to private, but here is a screen shot of part that shows the healing is being attributed to the tank. So from an HPS perspective, the 2pc is useless, however it does a huge amount of healing to the tank, which makes the tank look more like a rockstar with healing.

This really should be attributed to the Shaman whose Earth Shield it is IMO.

Attachments:
naturesbarrier.png
naturesbarrier.png [ 35.21 KiB | Viewed 12832 times ]
Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:28 am
Profile WWW

a 72k heal does sound minor though, but still, it is a nice bonus.

I'm more interested to see how much stat loss you would obtain when you use normal pieces only as compared when you take SoO healing gear that go around your stats.

I'm also hoping for more in-depth explenation of the 4 set, but from what I've seen, it looks kinda weak. Regardless, it seems that heroic SoO gear does not outweigh the reduction of stats when you use 2 pieces of tier 15.

As such, I rather would advise to keep the 2 piece until you can replace both those items with heroic SoO items. One is not enough, you need two pieces. I'll do some more math with normal pieces to be sure of it.

if you are really topping the meters on single target, sit down and take a rest your back will start hurting from carrying so much.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:48 pm
Site Admin

I wrote a blog post about this: http://www.healercds.com/2013/10/why-is ... he-healer/

And had an interesting discussion on Twitter with several other resto shamans. We also agree the 4pc absolutely sucks.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:59 am
Profile WWW

Okay, so I had a little more testing into it. As CharDev still seems to be completly broken and Rawr is not updated yet, I cannot give an exact comparison, but this is more or less raw data based on what I've seen and felt would be perfect.

For as long as you can, try to hold on to the two piece of Tier 15, but try at one point to break away from it. Although it is sexy as hell, the stats you loose on it is too much. If you have normal pieces, only upgrade it to normal pieces, not to raid finder or flexible. Same counts for heroic, if you have heroic pieces, try to swap them to normal only when you have no more pieces to swap or try to swap to heroic pieces.

Raid finder should be replaced asap.

There are generally two ways to go by as a resto shaman that are near flawless when it comes to secondary stats. You can either go into 7613 haste (or 8892 haste, but beware of the totem bug) and spend the rest of the stats into crit. Our mastery is already high enough that we don't need to focus on it.

The other way is going towards the 15k haste breakpoint. This is an extra tick in Healing Rain, which is for stack fights tremendous amount of healing. Since Blizzard loves stacking so much, the 15k haste is a huge source of extra healing. Not only that, you are nearly guaranteed an extra tick of Healing Tide as well.

These are my thoughts on it.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:58 pm

Do you guys think resto shaman will be viable in Battle for Azeroth? This was my main in Cata and I really want to go back to this class for the next expansion.

Wed May 09, 2018 12:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]